Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis. MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but just like physical first aid, it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis.
We currently offer both the adult two-day course and one-day short course in Mental Health First Aid.
The Benefits of Attending an Adult MHFA Course
- Raises awareness and understanding of mental health
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Promotes early intervention (by spotting early signs of a mental health issue) which helps stop mental ill health from getting worse and enables recovery
- Feel confident in how to offer and provide initial help to a person experiencing a mental health issue
The Mental Health First Aid Award (MHFA) has been developed by Mental Health First Aid England. It is recognised by the Department of Health and the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) as an effective and appropriate ‘first-response’ towards anyone having a mental health crisis.
Our courses are delivered by instructors who have been trained by Mental Health First Aid England, which is the sole provider of licenced Mental Health First Aid Instructor Training in England.